Vecchio Bramble Recipe
The Vecchio Bramble is a compelling blend of bold flavours and refreshing citrus, a drink that beckons with the promise of a fleeting, sweet sunset. At its heart are ripe blackberries, muddled to release their deep, summery essence, combined with the crisp, earthy notes of El Tequileno Blanco, a 100% agave tequila that brings warmth and depth. Including Vecchio Amaro introduces a complex sweetness, entwining with the zesty, freshly squeezed orange and lemon juices to create a harmonious balance of sour and sweet. A rich, simple syrup, meticulously prepared with a 2:1 ratio of sugar to water, is essential, lending the drink a luxurious viscosity and a sophisticated, not overpowering sweetness.
Served over crushed ice and garnished with a wheel of orange and plump blackberries, the Vecchio Bramble isn’t just a cocktail—it’s a sensory journey that celebrates the richness of simplicity and the nuanced art of mixology.
Rich Simple Syrup is important here. Ensure you’re making syrup with two parts granulated sugar and 1-part Boiled Water.
- 4 Blackberries
- 1.25 oz Blanco Tequila El Tequileno Blanco 100% Agave Used here.
- 2/3 oz Vecchio Amaro
- 1/2 oz Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- ½ oz Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/3 oz Rich Simple Syrup 2:1
- In a shaker, muddle 3 blackberries.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Give it a good shake.
- Strain over crushed ice. Garnish with Orange Wheel and remaining Blackberries.